Rules of SUP Lessons, Hire, Demo, Demo days, races and events.
- We do not accept cancellations within 48 hours of your confirmed booking date.
- No refund for no-shows
- We supply a buoyancy vest for all lesson
- A buoyancy vest and high visibility top must be worn for all races
- You cannot take part in any water sport if you cannot swim 100 meters comfortably. You must advise us if you or any participant is not a strong swimmer
- You cannot take part in any water sport if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- You must check your equipment and that of anyone in your care, before going into the water
- You are responsible for all craft and its care on and off the water
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by and adult.
- You must stay in the designated paddling/race area. If you are unsure about this area, please ask
Terms and Conditions of of SUP Hire, Demo and Demo days.
The “service” – Stand Up Paddle or SUP hire, lessons, demo (demonstration), race or event.
The “service provider”or “event organiser” – Herstal Holdings Pty Ltd (ABN 29003595917) trading as Balmoral Paddlesurf
The “client” – the person and all children in your care, using the service and equipment supplied by the service provider.
1. You the client are responsible for the due and proper care of the equipment. The person registering (“the client”) for the Stand Up Paddle (“SUP”) Demo or SUP Lesson undertakes to return the equipment supplied to service provider immediately after use.
If the equipment supplied or any part thereof are damaged, lost stolen and/or not returned by the client to the service provider immediately after use, for any reason whatsoever, then the client shall pay the then current retail market value of the equipment or part thereof, as the case may be to service provider forthwith on demand. This includes any damage to the equipment supplied.
The client hereby uses the equipment supplied in their current condition and accepts full responsibility for the due and proper care of the equipment supplied.
2. You the client understand that there are inherent risks involved in water sports and Stand Up Paddle or “SUP” and you freely assume those risks. The client understands that there are inherent and other risks involved in the sport for which this equipment is to be used. Injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of the sport and the client freely assumes those risks. Accordingly the client hereby assumes and accepts any and all risks of injury or death to the client of the demo/hire equipment to any other person and/or any property in connection with the use of the demo/hire equipment and hereby indemnifies the service provider and agrees to hold it harmless against any and all such claims actual contingent or prospective in connection with such injury or death.
3. You agree to release the service provider, its servants and its agents from any liability, damage and injury to you or any person or property. The client releases the service provider its servants and agents from any and all liability damage and injury to the client or the any person or property resulting from use of the equipment supplied.
In no event whatsoever shall the liability of the service provider exceed the price of goods and/or services supplied by the service provider, its servants and agents to the user.
4. You, the client agrees, if directed, to wear a Buoyancy Vest supplied, and to not paddle, swim or take the equipment supplied outside of the designated paddling area
5. You, the client agrees to speak with and get permission from a service provider staff member before taking the equipment out or on the water.
6. You, the client acknowledges that they can swim 50 meters comfortably and that they will not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs prior to going into or on the water on the equipment supplied.
8. No warranties express or implied or representations have been given or made to the client or any person on their behalf in connection with the service provided or the equipment supplied or any person on their behalf in connection with the service provided or the equipment supplied
9. Self certification
– I understand and acknowledge that the service provider has no knowledge of my individual skill and experience.
– I certify that I have sufficient skill and experience in the disciplines that I am participating in for this event.
– I certify that I can comfortably swim in the ocean.
– I understand that if the service provider has concerns about my skill or experience in the conditions on the day that I may be instructed to withdraw from the Event and no refund will be provided.
I , the client have read and understood the Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound thereby. I understand the warning and voluntarily accept and assume the inherent risks in water sports, Stand Up Paddle or SUP.
I agree to the Terms and Conditions *